The mission of the Training Center is to provide the highest level of ethical, modern and practical training to current and future Public Safety Professionals and to prepare them for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- How to Sign Up
- Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT)
- Cost Requirements / Fees
- Requirements to Attend Academy
- Financial Assistance
- Transcript Request
- Selection Center / EOT
- Florida Law Enforcement Academy (FLE)
- Correctional Officer (COR)
- Crossover from Correctional Officer to Law Enforcement Officer
- Crossover from Law Enforcement Officer to Correctional Officer
Private Security Officer Class "D" (unarmed) (40 hour course)
Prerequisites/Entry Requirements: 18 yrs. of age; US citizen or legal Resident of the US; mentally competent; good moral character. No Felony or Domestic Violence Convictions.
- Understand the requirements of Chapter 493, F.S., & 5N-1, F.A.C., regulating the private security industry in Florida. Understand Chapter 776, F.S., & the legal authority & liability for security actions involving the use of force.
- Understand basic first aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques
- Understand how to implement emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of ethics & professional conduct
- Demonstrate interviewing techniques
- Understand & verbalize why security duties regarding fire detection, suppression, & life safety are important
- Understand crime/accident scene protection & why it is important
- Identify entrepreneurship opportunities in the private security industry
- Demonstrate employability skills in the private security industry
- Identify terrorists’ events & the appropriate response for each
- Understand the importance of public & interagency relations
- Explain the importance of proper courtroom procedures
- Understand the fundamentals of personal security
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills, & professional communication skills
- Understand traffic control techniques & identify crowd control techniques
- Identify special problems for security & define terrorism & identify types of terrorists groups
The student must achieve a minimum score of 75% on all examinations. All examinations and instructors are approved and licensed by the State of Florida.
Industry certification/licensures associated with this program: this program meets the State of Florida requirements for Class “D” Unarmed Security Officer as outlined in Florida Administrative Code 5N-1.140. A Class “D” license must be held by the individual prior to obtaining a Class “G” Armed license.
For additional Information contact Ed Gough at 352-726-2430 ext. 4376